Hello Everyone! Spring is almost here and there are lots of exciting things happening at Imagine Studios!
RECITAL “Red Carpet Extravaganza”
(More recital information will be coming out in a detailed newsletter soon with schedules)
• Dress Rehearsal is Tuesday May 19th
• Show is Wednesday May 20th
• Show is Thursday May 21st
RECITAL TICKET SALES
Tickets for both recital dates will go on sale Saturday March 28th from 12:30-3:30pm and Sunday March 29th from 12-2pm in studio A at Imagine Studios
• Each family will be allotted 6 tickets to purchase the first week of ticket sales on a first-come, first serve basis, and then all remaining tickets will be released on Saturday April 4th on a first-come, first-serve basis 10-12pm
• Showplace does not like children sitting on laps, if using a seat, a ticket must be purchased
• Tickets can ONLY be bought at the studio, during office hours: Monday-Friday 5-7,
Saturday 9:30-10:30 (and the dates mentioned above)
Tickets are numbered seating and are $22 each CASH or CHEQUE only
• TICKETS SELL EXTREMELY FAST SO BE SURE TO COME IN EARLY TO GET YOUR SEATS
• We suggest you come early in the week and not necessarily wait for your dancer’s class day
Please be advised that your child’s dance may be scheduled in more than one recital show.
A list of what day your child dances will be out by Friday March 13th
Every dancer is required for the May 19th rehearsal.
Schedule will be sent out in May and in the lobby
This year at the Recitals we will be collecting donations for Canadian Cancer Society
The Canadian Cancer Society’s vision is to have a world where no one fears cancer. Through the support of volunteers and donors, this national, community-based organization fundraises towards research, education and services for more than 100 types of cancers. The CIBC Run for the Cure is one of the Canadian Cancer Society’s signature events that supports the breast cancer cause through a 5KM or 1KM walk or run. With close to 60 events across the country, this inspirational fundraiser is the largest single-day, volunteer-led event in Canada. This year’s CIBC Run for the Cure will take place on October 4, 2020. Learn more at www.cancer.ca or www.cibcrunforthecure.com.
We have an ongoing fundraiser at Boston Pizza, if you, your family, and friends write Imagine Studios on the back the receipt and put it in the box in our lobby (under the microwave), the Studio receives a percentage of the sales
• Costumes are arriving, and invoices will be emailed out over the month of April, please make payment promptly by cash, cheque or etransfer
• Costumes will be sent home once they have been practiced in and paid for
• Please keep in mind that costumes come from various companies and may not arrive until close to Picture Day, May 9th.
Picture Day will be on Saturday, May 9th
• A schedule of times will be posted in the lobby closer to the date
• Dancers should be in full costume/shoes/hair and makeup for their pictures
• Order packages will be sent home two weeks prior to Picture Day and are to be brought in on picture day.
• A separate envelope must be filled out for each dance that you would like pictures of. (i.e. If your child takes tap and ballet an envelope must be filled out for each different dance)
• Cash or Cheque (cheques made payable to Chalice Photography)
• Please bring exact money we cannot make change in the office
• Dance Group Pictures are an important part of your child’s memories, so please make every effort to attend
• At recital, we like to do a special slideshow at the recital for the graduating dancers who won’t be returning next year, and we would like to keep it a surprise. If you have a graduating dancer, we ask that you send in 5 pictures to put in the slideshow by April 25th
COMPETITIVE TEAM AUDITIONS
• Friday June 5, 2020 5 – 8:15pm ages 13 and up (age of Dec 31, 2020)
• Saturday June 6,2020 9 – 12:15pm ages 12 and under (age of Dec 31, 2020)
• Please sign up in the in the lobby starting in April, if you are interested in becoming a member.
• All Competitive team students must re-audition
COMPETITIVE DANCE CAMP
• MANDATORY dance camp for all Competitive students will be August 17th to August 21st
*Payment will still apply to absent dancers, unless with a serious injury of illness*
SUMMER CAMP AND SUMMER CLASSES
• “Kidz Just Wanna Have Fun“ Dance Camp is July 20th – 29th, 9:00am-3:00pm. Ages: 6-14
• The cost for camp is $190 and includes all styles of dance, crafts, games, Pizza Lunch on Friday, and Mini Recital.
• Schedule to come
July 7th to July 22nd and August 4th to August 19th
Tuesday and Wednesday classes for a total of 6 classes, 2 times a week.
Schedule will be posted online and in the Lobby in May
PRICES for a 6-class session (includes HST) 2 CLASSES FOR 3 WEEKS
60-minute Class $101.70
45-minute Class $88.15
30-minute Class $67.80
REGISTRATION DATES FOR SUMMER CLASSES
Wednesday May 6 5:00-7:00
Wednesday May 13 5:00-7:00
Wednesday June 3 5:00-7:00
Saturday June 6 12:30-2:30
Saturday June 27 10:00-12:00
Please let us know if you have any questions, we are very happy to help
705 761 1427